There were instances when the human race accomplished something truly extraordinary. And National Moon Day is one such day when the human race left its first footstep upon the moon, our nearest neighbor.
Apollo 11 carried the first six humans to the moon on July 20th. And Neil Armstrong was the first man to step down on the moon. The historic landing happened on July 20, 1969. Neil spent around 2 and 1/2 hours outside the spacecraft. And later, Buzz Aldrin followed him while stepping on the lunar surface. And they together collected 47.5 pounds of lunar material. Since then, we celebrate national moon day every year on the same day.
After the first footfall, there probably have been quite a few visitors landed there. But the first one always entails a celebration. Moreover, NASA also claimed the moon landing to be the single most outstanding technological achievement of all time.
The History of Moon Day
If you want to understand the history of moon day, you must understand the history of such space voyages. On May 25, 1969, John F. Kennedy, the president of America, announced that the Apollo space program would start. He also initiated NASA’s work for the same. He stated that he always wanted an American to reach the moon by the end of the decade.
After the landing, Americans could see the very first television images of the moon’s surface. This was possible due to the transmission of the photos by Ranger 7. The Americans also relished watching Apollo 8 earlier while repeating its orbit 10 times around the moon, which was the first human-crewed flight.
The historic event took place when Apollo 11 landed on the moon for the first time. And the world held its breath when three men step onto the surface of the moon. However, this was not the final program, as NASA ended the Apollo program in 1972 with Apollo 17.
However, many such space programs are happening in recent times. And our generation is lucky to experience more such space activities. This phenomenal event was not possible without NASA and other commercial companies. They partnered to ensure that there is enough financing to keep this project going.
Facts About the Moon You Would Love Knowing
- Moon is earth’s most constant companion.
- From the earth, we can see somewhat more than half of the moon.
- It would take thousands of moons to complete the brightness of the sun. The full moon gleams with a magnitude of 12.7.
- A 95% illuminated moon is brighter than a full moon.
- The eclipses are repealed when someone views the earth from the moon.
- The moon has its own time zone.
Moon Day Quotes
“Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody.” ―
“Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: – you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” ―
“We all shine on…like the moon and the stars and the sun…we all shine on…come on and on and on…” ― J
“The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” ― Carl Sandburg
“We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” ― Khalil Gibran
Moon Day Wishes & Sayings
You are as gorgeous as the moon because you complete me just the way the full moon completes this night, Happy Moon Day.
Hope this moonlight shines in your life forever, Happy Moon Day.
Just like this beautiful moon has spread its moonlight all over, you have brought the same brightness to my life.
The whiteness of the good in life is always better than the blackness of the evil, Happy Moon Day.
The world gazes at the moon to appreciate its beauty, but I look at you because there is nothing as pretty as you my love.
Moon Day Best Messages. Sayings & Slogans
- “Moon has arrived to fill your dreams with new colors. On the occasion of Full Moon Day, I pray for positive energy in your life to bring the desired change for good. Happy Moon Day.”
- “I pray to God that the Full Moon brightens your life with new hope and energies. I wish that you enjoy happiness and peace of mind. Sending warm wishes to you on Moon Day.”
- “I have asked the Moon to keep a close watch on your dreams and help you achieve them. It is an auspicious time to begin your efforts. Wishing you a wonderful and Happy Moon Day.”
- “Walking under the Full moonlight soothes our mind and soul. It gives us the energy to be positive and calm. Wishing you more achievements as Moon Day arrives. Make the most out of it.”
- “Let the beauty of the Full Moon inspire us to bring a change in our lives. Let it motivate us to keep moving ahead to achieve our goals. Wishing you a bright and Happy Moon Day, my friend.”
National Moon Day Images, Wallpapers, Photos, Pictures, & Photos
On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong was the first human to land on the moon. Ever since we celebrate the day worldwide with pride and happiness.
There are various ways to celebrate Moon Day. You can visit your local planetarium and get close and personal with the moon. Also, there are theatres with space telescopes that enable you to see all the incredible objects in the sky that you can’t see with naked eyes. Moon Day is the perfect day to start learning more about the universe. Learning about the stars and planets is educational and exciting.
There are many films on the moon landing. Many filmmakers tried to commemorate this incredible event through movies. If you want to watch a movie on the moon landing, start with “Apollo 11.” Todd Douglas Miller directed the movie. He used powerful visuals to narrate the story of a man’s first trip to the moon. There are other films, including “The dish,” which was released in 2000, and it is a story based on the first steps of humankind on the moon.
We’re sure there will be a lot of people posting on social media about moon day. Get involved in discussions and share your own opinions as well. Just share out these amazing Moon Day Quotes, Wishes, Sayings, Messages & Moon Day Pics To Be Aware of National Moon Day.