Lollipops make us drool over them and take us back to our childhood days. No one can refute that people of all ages love lollipops. They are made of corn starch, water, and sugar and used as a sweet dessert.
On July 20, every year, we celebrate National Lollipop Day. Though Egyptians are the first to enjoy lollipops, they are pretty famous worldwide. Lollipop day celebrates the discovery of lollipops. There are various names for lollipops, but primarily people simply call them lollies. People in the Midwest of America call lollipops suckers. But no matter what you call them, this sweet treat is drool-worthy.
Many companies make different flavoured lollipops, including fruit, Coca-Cola, etc. No matter what flavour you prefer, lollipop day is all about celebrating this sweet and tasty treat and enjoy as many lollipops as you can. Lollipop day is also about re-experiencing the memories that you have shared with people you love over the years. After all, lollies remind people of their special memories. Don’t be surprised if many people remember going to a dentist when they see a lollipop.
History Of Lollipop Day
The making of a lollipop is the art of boiling sugar into candies. There are different flavours, colours, and shapes according to the preference of its time. The term lollipop occurred in the late 18th century. And the name implies something that is popped inside one’s mouth. Nowadays, you can also find lollies with a stick, which transpired in the 20th century.
George Smith, a sweetmeat shop owner, created a lollipop in 1892. He made and sold lollipops to the public, though the name was not there then. At around the same time, a candy company, McAvinney also started mass-producing lollipops in 1905. In 1932 Bradley Smith patented the name “lollipop” for their candy on a stick. But soon after they began to make, there was a decline in the popularity of lollipops. However, the sweet dessert is still alive, and people still buy lollipops.
Some Lesser-Known Facts About Lollipops
- Arabs, Chinese, and Egyptians invented lollipops in Asia.
- The traditional lollipop that we eat today was created in the 17th century.
- 1908 is the first time when a machine lollipop was created.
- The world’s most giant lollipop was 300 KGS in weight, and it was five feet tall.
- Tootsie rolls created 16 million lollipops in a day.
- If your child refuses to take medicines, you can give flavoured lollipops with medication in them.
- There are tequila-flavoured lollipops available for adults.
Lollipop Day Quotes
“That’s a girl’s life for the rest of her days- somewhere between a lollipop and shots.”— Christy Turlington
“One should not find a reason to be happy but eat a lollipop with pleasure.”
“And true love waits In haunted attics And true love lives On lollipops and crisps.” — Thom Yorke
“A lollipop is a cross between hard candy and garbage.” — Mitch Hedberg
“The happiness of life is discovered in small moments, of which lollipop is one.”
“When someone says, I want a programming language in which I need only say what I want doing, give him a lollipop.”— Alan Perlis
“Placebos are like the lollipop of optimism, but we can do much better by dealing directly with the mind… And it works!”— Matthieu Ricard
“I want to marry the kind of girl that walks out of an abortion clinic with a lollipop.”— Anthony Jeselnik
“That’s the story of my life; I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.”— Marilyn Monroe
“No matter how much tension is there in someone’s life, give him a lollipop and make him happy.”
National Lollipop Day Best Messages & Sayings
- “I wish that your life is full of the sweetness of lollipops and enjoy them in different flavours of your choice…. Sending you best wishes on National Lollipop Day, which is truly a special occasion to enjoy what we loved as kids.”
- “If someone is upset with you or someone is sad, the most promising way to bring back the lost smile is by gifting a lollipop that has the magical power to make anyone smile….. Warm wishes on National Lollipop Day.”
- “In this world looking happy has become more important than being happy, but those who eat lollipops always smile, Happy National Lollipop day.”
- “It may be compulsive for us to be sad but it is our choice to be happy, Happy National Lollipop Day.”
- “It’s National Lollipop Day today and therefore, it is time to satiate your hunger for sweet lollipops…. It’s time when markets will be loaded with colourful lollipops which are loved by all. Happy National Lollipop Day to you.”
- “Whether you are stressed or tired, whether it’s a dull day or a happy day, with a lollipop in your hand, you can always feel better and charge up your day….. Sending you best wishes on Happy National Lollipop Day.”
- “Even though we have to be very serious in future, but today’s day can be fully enjoyed., National Lollipop Day.”
- “Let us thank God and George Smith for bringing into our lives sweet lollipops which have the potential to bring smiles to our faces….. Let us celebrate National Lollipop Day by treating each other with a lollipop.”
- “No matter how much stress and discomfort you have in life, but as long as you do not decide to be happy with yourself unless something changes Happy National Lollipop Day.”
- “Your sorrows pop out as you taste your favourite lollipop….. I wish that you are blessed with the sweetness and happiness of lollipop in each and every day of your life….. I wish you a very warm and wonderful National Lollipop Day.”
Happy Lollipop Day Funny Images, Pictures, Photos, Wallpapers
The best way to enjoy a lollipop day is to eat as many lollipops as you can. You can also try your hands on candy making. You can invite your friends and neighbours to join you in making lollipops and sell those in your neighbourhood. In many places, national lollipop day is celebrated through events. If you can be a part of any such event, I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it to the fullest. Many people have tied national lollipop day with other causes, as the day is essential to them. In Ireland, lollipop day holds great significance because the country used the day to raise money and awareness around oesophageal cancer.
You can also try to put a smile on people’s faces by buying lollipops for them and then distributing them. Lollipops are inexpensive, and it is an easy way to bring a smile to someone’s face and let them know that they are special. You can also spend the day doing a bit of research online about lollipops and the different types of flavours available in the world.
In many countries, you will find different types of lollipops, and digging into them can become fascinating. Wish your friends and family members lollipop day messages and quotes. Don’t forget to share National Lollipop Day Quotes, Funny Messages With Lollipop Day Images & Photos on your social media handles.
Nicki Minaj Biography, Birthday, Age, Height, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Nicki Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, on December 8, 1982, and moved to...
Joe Biden Biography, Birthday, Age, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Joe Biden, born Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., is the 46th president of the United States. He was a member of...
Wilbur Soot Biography, Birthday, Family, Net Worth, Age, Wiki & More
Will Gold is known professionally as Wilbur Soot (before known as SootHouse Wilbur), is a British internet personality, Twitch streamer, solo YouTuber and English singer-songwriter. He...
Best Deep Thoughts: Positive, Inspiring Deep Thoughts For Positivity In Life
Deep Thoughts are often considered as imaginations or thought-process where you seem to be lost somewhere in your own thoughts. ...
Motivational Boxing Quotes, Captions & Sayings That Will Charge You Up
Boxing is an amateur and professional sport, involving the fists in the attack and defence. Boxers normally wear padded gloves...
Shahrukh Khan Net Worth in Rupees, Crores, Million, Billion & USD Dollars
Before we talk about Shahrukh Khan Net Worth, let’s google “World’s most famous actor”. What did Google answer? It’s one...