According to statistics, within every 30 seconds, a person is dying from hepatitis-related illnesses. Even during the pandemic of COVID-19, we are dealing with viral hepatitis.
We celebrate Hepatitis Day on July 28th every year. The day is also the birth anniversary of Dr. Baruch Samuel Blumberg, He discovered the hepatitis B virus in 1967. Later in 1969, Dr. Blumberg made the first vaccine for hepatitis B. And this achievement got him the Nobel Prize.
The apex organizations worldwide, including CDC and WHO, commemorate World Hepatitis Day to raise awareness of viral hepatitis. More than 325,000,000 people worldwide suffer from hepatitis, and the organizations mentioned above are working relentlessly to combat hepatitis.
Viral hepatitis is a group of contagious diseases known as hepatitis A, B, C, D, & E. And hepatitis causes both chronic and acute liver diseases. Every year, more patients die from hepatitis than tuberculosis and HIV.
The History of World Hepatitis Day
As millions of people are suffering from viral hepatitis disease, the rest of the world is completely unknown about that fact. It is necessary to raise awareness so that people become more mindful about diagnosis and cure. That is the only way to reduce the spread of this life-threatening disease.
Sadly, many times, people die due to undiagnosed diseases. According to the WHO:
- Every year, more than 900,000 people die due to hepatitis B virus infection.
- 42% of children globally can have the doses of the hepatitis B vaccine.
- More than 325,000,000 people are still living with hepatitis B&C.
Celebrating hepatitis day can increase the level of awareness among people. This global health campaign was first organized by World Health Organization to have a hepatitis-free world. The world hepatitis alliance was established in 2007. And in 2008, it was the 1st celebration of world hepatitis day.
Why We Celebrate World Hepatitis Day?
The world needs to be a little more aware of general health. Every year, thousands of people are dying due to hepatitis. Even during the coronavirus pandemic, the world lost thousands of people who are suffering from hepatitis. Some of the reasons behind celebrating world hepatitis day are:
- Raising awareness among the public about the five types of hepatitis disease.
- Providing an opportunity to focus upon the hepatitis disease.
- Telling people about the symptoms, importance of early diagnosis, screening, and control.
- Increasing awareness about the vaccination of hepatitis A and B
- Encouraging people to reach out to medical help for prevention and treatment from hepatitis.
- Educating people about immunization, prevention, diagnosis, and control
- Promoting the campaigns organized by several government organizations and asking people for active involvement.
Hepatitis Day Best Quotes & Sayings
“There has been a treatment for hepatitis C, but the treatment has not been overwhelmingly effective number 1. And number 2, it has had considerable toxicity.” — Anthony S
“Your ignorance can be fatal when it comes to Hepatitis diseases. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
“I don’t want to be defined by being the founder of the Body Shop, and I don’t want to be defined as a woman suffering from Hepatitis C. There’s more to my life than that.” — Anita Roddick
“Ignoring hepatitis will make the situation worse. Learning more about it and taking precautions will bring the desired change. Wishing a very Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
“Hepatitis C was a devastating disease but because fundamental research was done in hepatitis C, it is now curable. It is now absolutely curable with new medications. So this is transformative.” — Laurie Glimcher
“On World Hepatitis Day, let us put an end to all forms of discrimination that is meted out to people suffering from Hepatitis.”
“I love Fear Factor, but I think they’re running out of fears. It’s only a matter of time before they’re sitting around doing shots of Hepatitis C.” — Dave Attell
“You can make a lot of difference by taking some precautions and by being aware of hepatitis. Wishing everyone a very Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
“People are reticent to give a newborn the hepatitis B vaccine and often delay it.” — Paul A. Offit
“Let us come together to fight against hepatitis and not surrender to this disease. Happy World Hepatitis Day to all.”
Hepatitis Day Best Messages & Slogans
- “World Hepatitis Day is an occasion that reminds us to stay aware and informed about the disease of Hepatitis.”
- “Let us educate more people about the causes and consequences of Hepatitis on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “One can easily avoid Hepatitis by staying a little cautious and following healthy practices.”
- “Improve your health and make society aware of World Hepatitis Day.”
- “You won’t be able to see the symptoms of Hepatitis every time, so beware. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Stop running away from Hepatitis, which is a bare truth of life and a major concern to the whole world.”
- “Give your children love and care, not Hepatitis.”
- “Let us learn to protect ourselves from Hepatitis diseases on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Don’t neglect your health, it is your duty to go for a check-up on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Get your vaccine on World Hepatitis Day and prevent yourself from falling prey to any of those Hepatitis diseases.”
Hepatitis Day Images, Wallpapers, Photos, Pictures, & Photos
Hepatitis is a life-threatening disease. And every year, the five types of hepatitis diseases taking away thousands of lives. This is the time we all should unite together and try to combat the disease. According to the World Health Organization, hepatitis is the second major killer infectious disease.
You can become a part of the celebration and help people to know more about the disease. You can educate people about the deterrence, diagnosis, and control of hepatitis. The best way to keep yourself protected against hepatitis is to have a healthy liver. You also can promote a healthy diet for a hepatitis-free world.
You can organize events and free health checkup camps and educate people about this disease. Share the Hepatitis Day Quotes, Messages, and Images we have mentioned above and raise concerns about hepatitis.
Remember that if we don’t take any step right now by 2030, the number of affected people may increase by 76 million. And as prevention is better than cure, this is the time we all start preventing hepatitis. Don’t forget to share Hepatitis Day Quotes, Messages, Slogans, Sayings & Hepatitis Day Images to be aware of World Hepatitis Day.
Nicki Minaj Biography, Birthday, Age, Height, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Nicki Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, on December 8, 1982, and moved to...
Joe Biden Biography, Birthday, Age, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Joe Biden, born Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., is the 46th president of the United States. He was a member of...
Wilbur Soot Biography, Birthday, Family, Net Worth, Age, Wiki & More
Will Gold is known professionally as Wilbur Soot (before known as SootHouse Wilbur), is a British internet personality, Twitch streamer, solo YouTuber and English singer-songwriter. He...
Best Deep Thoughts: Positive, Inspiring Deep Thoughts For Positivity In Life
Deep Thoughts are often considered as imaginations or thought-process where you seem to be lost somewhere in your own thoughts. ...
Motivational Boxing Quotes, Captions & Sayings That Will Charge You Up
Boxing is an amateur and professional sport, involving the fists in the attack and defence. Boxers normally wear padded gloves...
Shahrukh Khan Net Worth in Rupees, Crores, Million, Billion & USD Dollars
Before we talk about Shahrukh Khan Net Worth, let’s google “World’s most famous actor”. What did Google answer? It’s one...