Tiger is not just another wild animal living in the forest. But it is an enigmatic species that plays a pivotal role in the diversity of our ecosystem. That is why every year, on July 29, we all observe International Tiger Day. It is the day to increase awareness about this imperilled big cat. Plus, the global goal beyond celebrating the day is to double the number of wild tigers by the end of 2022.
Tiger is the largest among the world’s big cats, and indeed they are intelligent creatures. The orange and black stripes and a gorgeously marked face, worth a day to dedicate for them. The creation of International Tiger Day has a great agenda. There is a lack of awareness for tiger conservation around the world. And the day helps in promoting a worldwide system to protect tigers and their natural environments. When more people know about the issues the tigers are facing around the world, we can save them from extinction.
The illegal trade of tigers is a thing to worry about. The demand for tiger skin, bone, and other body parts is leading to trafficking. International Tiger Day is to reduce those illegal practices and help to increase the number of populations of tigers.
History Of International Tiger Day
The first celebration of international tiger day was in 2010. It was in response to the surprising news that more than 90% of all wild tigers are becoming extinct, and the number of alive tigers is only 3000. As tigers hold an essential space in the ecosystem, international tiger day aims to bring people’s attention to the fact that we should hold their decline. Many factors are causing the number of tigers to fall, including climate change, hunting, trafficking, and habitat loss. But whatever it may, International Tiger Day aims to protect and expand the inhabitants and promote awareness regarding their conservation.
There are many international organizations involved in the day, including IFAW and WWF.
Why Must We Protect Tigers?
There are many benefits of protecting tigers and their habitats. And here are the most important ones:
- The entire ecosystem will collapse if the tigers go extinct. Thus, saving tigers is equal to conserving the ecosystem.
- Tiger is India’s national animal, and they occupy an important space in Indian culture.
- Tigers are indicators of the ecological wellness of the earth, according to the global tiger initiative.
- Conservation of tigers contributes to the carbon storage value.
International Tiger Day Best Quotes
“When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport, when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” — George Bernard Shaw
“Tigers, except when wounded or when man-eaters, are on the whole very good-tempered animal.”
“Tiger is a symbol of beauty, bravery, strength, and Nationality, so save the Tiger. Save the Nation Pride.” — Uzma
“In this nature, no one has any right over any creature, everyone has the right to protect them only.”
“The Tiger in many countries, particularly India, represents the apex of the animal pyramid and the protection of their habitat should be a worldwide priority.” — Dr. Karan Singh
“Tiger represents the art of our nature that can fill aggression in beauty.”
“A healthy tiger population is an indicator of sustainable development in the 13 tiger range countries.”— Midori Paxton
“Adventure and strength, fearless attitude and thrill are what tigers will always be admired for…. Let us join hands and save them together.”
“We must protect tigers from extinction. Our planet’s future depends on it.” — Michelle Yeoh
“Tigers cannot help themselves and therefore, it is our duty as humans to save them, to work for them today and tomorrow.”
Tiger Day Best Messages
- “Tigers are a standout among the most delightful creatures on planet earth. They have been evoked in writing, adages, and plays for their grand quality and magnificence. Let’s save the tigers.”
- “In the event that we stroll into the backwoods where a tiger lives, we are taking a risk. Protect Tigers.”
- “On the occasion of International Tiger Day, I am sending my warm wishes to you to remind you that we all have the responsibility of saving them.”
- “A tiger is a tiger; he has his pride to protect, despite the fact that he doesn’t know about it. Save the tigers.”
- “Tigers have always added adventure and thrill to our lives with their fearless streak…. Let us save them… Happy International Tiger Day.”
- “Try not to execute tigers for your ravenousness, it’s a need of our planet. Save Tiger.”
- “Warm wishes on International Tiger Day to you…. Without tigers, our food chain will never be the same, our lives will never be the same.”
- “It is extremely sorry to see tigers getting extinct and on International Tiger Day, let us create more awareness about them and let us save them.”
- “Try not to take the stripes from the landscape: Save the Tiger.”
- “If we start saving the tigers today, then only we will see them multiply tomorrow…. Warm wishes on International Tiger Day.”
International Tiger Day Slogans
- “Tiger has always inspired us to be strong…. Let us save them to save our planet.”
- “Save the tigers before they start living just in our stories.”
- “Tigers are a wonderful creation of Mother Nature, and we must join hands to protect them.”
- “Tiger is the best gift of nature, we should save it in any situation.”
- “What will these sanctuaries have for adventure if there are no tigers left on the planet.”
International Tiger Day Images & Photos
There are many reasons behind the decline in the number of tigers. Since the beginning of the 20th century, the number of declination is around 95%. And only 3900 wild tigers are left right now. As the days are passing, tigers and habitats are being officially categorized as endangered by the IUCN. Though various tiger projects are going by to supervise tigers’ movements and slash poaching, it is also vital to help people realize the benefits of tigers for the earth.
International tiger day is the right time to start supporting all the projects working hard to protect wild tigers. It is time you can join the mission and put effort into preserving this fantastic animal. Supporting the cause does not mean you have to adopt a tiger, but you can also help spread awareness. There are several other things that you can do to celebrate international tiger day. You can also raise funds for various tiger projects.
Make the proper use of your social media and make sure that you make your friends, family members, and followers aware of the threats the tigers are facing right now. There are many people out there who are not aware of those threats. Thus, spreading knowledge about that can help others understand that tigers are fruitful for our future. We have shared many Tiger Day Quotes, Images, Messages & Slogans that you can share with others.
- International Joke Day: Quotes, Wishes, Funny Messages with Joke Pics
- Parent’s Day: Best Wishes, Quotes, Messages for Mom and Dad
- World Blood Donor Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Slogans & Sayings
Kanye West Biography, Birthday, Education, Girlfriend, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki
Kanye West is a Grammy Award-winning rapper, record producer, and fashion designer who is known for his outspokenness. Kanye West...
Vince Lombardi Biography, Education, Family, Trophy, Quotes, Death, Wiki & More
Vince Lombardi, born Vincent Thomas Lombardi, was an American professional gridiron football coach who became a national symbol of unwavering...
Elon Musk Biography, Birthday, Education, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Elon Musk, whose original name, Elon Reeve Musk is a business mogul and entrepreneur. He is the founder, CEO, and...
Ryan Trahan Biography, Birthday, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Wiki & More
From the outside, it’s stress-free to think Ryan Trahan has always known closely who he is. Well, how many of you have...
Nicki Minaj Biography, Birthday, Age, Height, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Nicki Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, on December 8, 1982, and moved to...
Joe Biden Biography, Birthday, Age, Family, Quotes, Net Worth, Wiki & More
Joe Biden, born Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., is the 46th president of the United States. He was a member of...